Department of Computer Science and Engineering
The Department of Computer Science & Engineering in VVIT was established in 2009 & it currently offers an undergraduate course in Computer Science & Engineering with an intake of 60 students and post graduate course in Computer Network Engineering with an intake of 18.
Computers have become an indispensible part of our life and an aide to solving problems of any magnitude. This is where the young Computer Engineers step in to create a difference. Career opportunities for students include developing software systems for a diverse range of applications, such as user interfaces, networks, databases, forecasting, World Wide Web support, medical communication, satellite, embedded systems, artificial intelligence and neural networks.
The faculty members of the department have extensive industry and teaching experience, hence enabling them to impart an amalgamated teaching technique that will prepare the students for the tough industry benchmarks. The department has a large collection of reference books and software packages. The impact of our ideas and our students extend globally in meaningful and effective ways.
We have complete fledged labs according to the academic plans of VTU. The laboratories have modern computing facilities with the latest branded desktops, and three 5Mbps Internet lines which aid the students in research and referencing.
"CSE Department has pledged to produce well trained Engineering Graduates & Post Graduates and to orient the education to suit technical manpower needs of the nation."
From the HOD's Desk
Welcome to the Department of Computer Science Engineering
The Department of Computer Science & Engineering was formed with the primary objective of providing world class education in the field of Information Technology. The Department has been offering excellent infrastructural facilities with a variety of computing platforms to aspiring professional students to meet the burgeoning demands of the IT industry.
Department offers BE in Computer Science and Engineering with an intake of 60 and M.Tech in Computer Network Engineering with an intake of 18. The department endeavors to produce confident professionals tuned to real time working environment. The department offers excellent academic environment with a team of highly qualified faculty members to inspire the students to develop their technical skills and inculcate the spirit of team work in them.
The strength of the department is highly motivated students who understand the dynamics of the industry and hone their skills accordingly. The students of the department get placed in premier Indian and multinational IT companies and go on to attain prestigious positions.
On behalf of the staff members, I wish all the students a disciplined and bright future.
|U G Programs|
|B.E. (Computer science Engineering)||Approved Intake - 60|
|P G Programs|
|M.Tech (Computer Network Engineering)||Approved Intake - 18|
|Sl. No.||Name of Faculty||Educational Qualification||Specialization||Email Id|
|Dr. Shivaprakash T||M. Tech, Ph.D||Networks Securityemail@example.com|
|Mrs. Mangala M Patil||M. Tech||Computer Science Engineeringfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr. G Sunil Kumar||M. Tech, Ph.D||Cognitive Networksemail@example.com|
|Mrs. D Priya||M. E,M.B.A||Computer Science Engineeringfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mrs. Sushma B M||M. Tech||Computer Science Engineeringemail@example.com|
|Mrs. Praveena K N||M. Tech||Digital Communication & Networkingfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr. Shreeshail D A||M. Tech||Computer Network Engineeringemail@example.com|
|Mr. Prasad P S||M. Tech||Computer Science Engineeringfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mrs. Vinutha Vikas||M. Tech||Bio-Informaticsemail@example.com|
|Mrs. Gowthami B S||M. Tech||Computer Network Engineeringfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mrs. Sajini G||M. Tech||Information Technologyemail@example.com|
|Ms. Bhavya M||M. Tech||
Computer Science Engineering
|Ms. Arati M C||M. Tech||Computer Network Engineeringfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr. Shailesh Kumar||
M. Tech, (Ph.D)
List of Laboratories
|Sl.No.||Course||Name of Laboratory with Subject Code|
|1||B.E.||Computer Programming Lab 15CPL16/26|
|2||B.E.||Data Structures with C/C++ Lab 10CSL37|
|3||B.E.||Electronic Circuits & Logic Design Lab 10CSL38|
|4||B.E.||Design and Analysis of Algorithms Lab 10CSL47|
|5||B.E.||Microprocessor Lab 10CSL48|
|6||B.E.||Database Applications Lab 10CSL 57|
|7||B.E.||System Software & Operating Systems Lab 10CSL58|
|8||B.E.||Unix System Programmimg Lab 10CSL67|
|9||B.E.||Computer Graphics Lab 10CSL68|
|10||B.E.||Web Programming Lab 10CSL78|
|11||B.E.||Netwoks Lab 10CSL77|
|12||M.TECH.(Computer Network Engg.)||Information & Network Security Lab 14SCN16|
|13||M.TECH.(Computer Network Engg)||Distributed Computing Lab 14SCN2|
News & Events
- Sonia Alice George, student of Computer Science has secured 90% aggregate in VTU examinations.
- Sushant Sharma, Shreyas G of VI Sem CSE and Sudhanshu Sharma, Yogesh Sharma of VIII Sem CSE has participated in "South Zone(Handball)" held at Vijaya Vittala Institute of Technology on March 2014-2015 and Secured Runner-ups in Hand Ball Torunament.
- Sushant Sharma of VI Sem CSE and Sudhanshu Sharma, Yogesh Sharma, Kirthi H of VIII Sem CSE has participated in "South Zone(Basketball)" held at Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology, Bangalore.
- Shashi Kumar of VI Sem CSE has participated in "National level Documentary Movie making Competation" held at Oxford college of Engineering, Bangalore & Secured 2nd prize.
- Shashi Kumar of VI Sem CSE has participated in "Inter college level cultural Competition" held at CMRIT college fest, Secured 2nd prize in "Pakka Kannadiage Competition".
In the last academic year alone, the students & staff of Department of Computer Science and Engineering have published several papers in various National & International Journals and Conferences.
- Click here for details of papers published by faculty
- Prof Mangala M Patil has presented a paper "Cloud Computing for Remote Users using RSA Algorithm" in International Conference Organized by VVIT.
- Prof Shailesh Kumar has published a paper "A Detailed Survey on Anonymization Methods of Social Network" in International Conference.
- Prof Shailesh Kumar has published a paper "Aggregation of Recoverable Concealed Data in Homogeneous Wireless Sensor Networks" in International Conference.
- Prof Prasad P S has presented a paper "Attribute based Encryption for Scalable and Secure Sharing of Personal Health Records in Cloud Computing" in International Conference.
- Prof Gowthami B S has presented a paper "Self Certified Authenticated Key Generation & Agreement Protocol for VPNS based on Certificateless Cryptography" in International Conference.
- Prof Mangala M Patil has attended the Symposium on "Women Empowerment" Organized at Visvesvaraya Technological University, Regional Office, Bangalore.
- Prof Arati M C has attended the Symposium on "Women Empowerment" Organized at Visvesvaraya Technological University, Regional Office, Bangalore.
- Prof Shailesh Kumar has attended a workshop on Plagiarism in VVIET, Mysore.
|Praveen K S||III||1VJ14SCN01||94%||FCD|
|Sonia Alice George||VII||1VJ12CS037||76%||FCD|
|Rashmi S & Chandana||VII||1VJ12CS028||69%||FCD|
|VidhyaLakshmi k S||V||1VJ13CS034||71%||FCD|
|Rashmi M N||V||1VJ13CS022||70%||FCD|
|Nikhita Y||I||1VJ15CS063||8.17 CGPA||FCD|