Department of Electronics and Communications
The Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering was established in the year 2009. The focus of the department is to produce graduates & post graduates with strong fundamentals in electronics and communication domain. The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering at VVIT has a strong focus on providing students with a strong background in mathematics, science and engineering and to enable students to solve problems through analytical reasoning with a motivation to cater to the local and global needs of technological growth. The department provides students with adequate practical training by way of laboratory sessions, design and problem based learning. Also emphasized in the learning process is the vital component of effective oral and written communication skills.
The department has good experienced faculty members with various specializations; all the faculty members are Post graduates with outstanding teaching and industry experience. The department has excellent infrastructure with state of the art equipment and software tools. The department has a computer center with over 50 computers catering to student needs. The department has a strong R & D culture.
"Imparting quality technical education through research, innovation and teamwork for a lasting technology development in the area of Electronics and Communication Engineering."
- To train the Electronics & Communication Engineering graduates to meet future global challenges.
- To impart quality technical education to produce industry-ready engineers.
- To inculcate the quest for modern technologies in the emerging areas.
- To motivate the students towards research leading to multidisciplinary innovative projects.
- To produce future leaders with cohesive teamwork.
- To kindle the entrepreneurial skill amongst students for overall societal upliftment.
- To create centers of excellence in the field of electronics and communication engineering through collaboration with industries and other universities.
- VVIT ECE graduates will have the ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment, to recognize the importance of lifelong learning through participation in seminars and workshops.
- VVIT ECE graduates will have the ability to take up individual responsibilities to work effectively in teams and with an understanding of the strong ethical and professional responsibility towards their peers, employers and society.
- VVIT ECE graduates will be able to employ appropriate techniques using hardware and software engineering tools for modern engineering applications and will demonstrate an ability to apply their knowledge of advanced mathematics and electronics engineering principles towards creating new technologies.
- VVIT ECE graduates will have the ability to work professionally in the fields of signal The program provides a strong research orientation to the students by way of closely involving them in a variety of research projects from industries and research institutions from India and abroad so that they develop a passion for research in their undergraduate program. This would motivate them to pursue higher studies in their chosen field of specialization.
- The program also paves way for a variety of career paths, so that students go on to become successful entrepreneurs, teachers, research scholars, design engineers, managers and consultants.
|U G Programs|
|B.E. (Electronics & Communication Engineering)||Approved Intake - 60|
|P G Programs|
|M.Tech (Signal Processing)||Approved Intake - 18|
|M.Tech (VLSI Design & Embedded Systems)||Approved Intake - 18|
From the HOD's Desk
Welcome to the Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
I feel very privileged to be the Head of ECE Department at VVIT. To groom the budding engineers is the task of each and every lecturer. There are many ways in which faculty can contribute to the growth of engineering skills in students. As a unit, the department faculty take care to impart value based education along with academics syllabus prescribed by VTU. The students are encouraged to bridge the gap between the class room studies and the application in the design of electronic control circuits. The ECE Department feels there is vast scope to train the ECE students to take up the challenging job in the industries. Overall our endeavor is to make VVIT as one of the premier engineering institution providing excellent academic ambiance. Through this short message on behalf of ECE faculty I wish each and every student a bright career.
|Sl. No.||Name of Faculty||Educational Qualification||Specialization||Email Id|
|Mrs. Jayanthi Kumar T.R||M. Tech., (Ph.D.)||Signal Processingfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr. Vijaykrishna||M. Tech., Ph.D.||Signal Processingemail@example.com|
|Mr. Pothi Reddy .K||M. Tech..||Embedded Systemsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mrs. Sunitha S.V||M. Tech., (Ph.D.)||Signal Processingemail@example.com|
|Mrs. Nikita V.C||M. Tech.||VLSI and Embedded firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dhananjay Kumar||B.E, MBA||Marketing and Systemsemail@example.com|
|Mr. Manjunath M||M. Tech., (Ph.D.)||VLSI Design and Embedded firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mrs. Deepthi Prakash||M. Tech.||Digital Communication Engineeringemail@example.com|
|Mrs. Lekhana G.C||M. Tech.||Signal Processingfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mrs. Pavithra S.R||M. Tech.||Signal Processingemail@example.com|
|Ms. Nandini A||M. Tech.||VLSI Design and Embedded firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr.Santhosh Y.N||M. Tech.||VLSI Design and Embedded email@example.com|
|Mr.Sayantam Sarkar||M. Tech.||VLSI Design and Embedded firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr. Advaith P R||M. Tech.||VLSI Design and Embedded email@example.com|
Department News & Highlights
- One day workshop on Advanced Technologies in VLSI Design and Telecommunication – 21st March, 2015.
- One day workshop on Signal Processing and Its Applications – 13th March, 2015.
- International Multi Conference on Innovation in Engineering and Technology (IMCIET 2015), 15th – 17th December 2015.
- Second International Conference on Digital Image and Signal Processing, 5th – 7th November, 2015.
List of Laboratories
|Sl.No.||Course||Name of Laboratory with Subject Code|
|1||B.E.||Analog Electronic Circuits Laboratory (10ESL37)|
|2||B.E.||Logic Design Laboratory (10ESL38)|
|3||B.E.||Microcontroller Laboratory (10ECL47)|
|4||B.E.||HDL Laboratory (10ECL48)|
|5||B.E.||DSP Laboratory (10ECL57)|
|6||B.E.||Analog Communication+LIC Laboratory (10ECL58)|
|7||B.E.||Advanced Communication Laboratory (10ECL67)|
|8||B.E.||Microprocessor Laboratory (10ECL68)|
|9||B.E.||VLSI Laboratory (10ECL77)|
|10||B.E.||Power Electronics laboratory (10ECL78)|
|11||M. Tech. (Signal Processing)||Signal Processing Laboratory (14ESP16)|
|12||M. Tech. (Signal Processing)||Image Processing Laboratory (14ESP26)|
|11||M. Tech. (VLSI Design and Embedded system)||VLSI Design and Embedded System Lab-1 (14EVE16)|
|12||M. Tech. (VLSI Design and Embedded system)||VLSI Design and Embedded System Lab-2 (14EVE26)|
In the last academic year alone, the students & staff of Department of Electronics and Communications Engineering have published several papers in various National & International Journals and Conferences.
- Click here for details of papers published by faculty
- T. R. Jayanthi Kumari and H. S. Jayanna., "Speaker verification Comparsion between GMM and GMM-UBM under limited data condition ," proc. ICECIT-2013 (Elsevier), pp. 43-50, Tumkur, Karnataka, India, Nov-2013.
- Jayanthi Kumari T.R and H. S. Jayanna., "Comparison of LPCC and MFCC features and GMM and GMM-UBM modeling for Limited Data Speaker Verification," proc. IEEE ICCIC-2014, pp. 818-823, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India, Dec. 2014.
- Madhumathi and Jayanthi Kumari T. R., " The implementation of software defined radio receiver using a simple OCT antenna," International journal for Research in Applied Science and Engineering Technology, vol. 3, May-2015(got best paper award)
- Madhumathi and Jayanthi Kumari T. R., "The Design of Radio Receiver using OCF Antenna," International conference on communication and computing (ICC 2015), July 2015.
- Jayanthi Kumari T. R and H. S. Jayanna., "Limited Data Speaker Verification using MFSR Analysis Technique," proc. IEEE ITACT 2015, pp. 177-182, Bangalore, Karnataka, India, Dec-2015.
- Jayanthi Kumari T. R and H. S. Jayanna., "Combination of System and Source Characteristics for Speaker verification under Limited Data condition," Proc. IEEE CSPA2016), Melaka, Malaysia, March 2016.
- Jayanthi Kumari T. R and H. S. Jayanna., "System source and dynamic features for speaker verification for limited data condition" Proc. IEEE WiSPNET 2016, Chennai, Tamilnadu, India, March 2016.
|USN||Name of the Student||Percentage (%)|
|2016 B.E. (I Sem)|
|1VJ15EC006||Naveen Kumar J||190/7.92SGP|
|2016 B.E. (III Sem)|
|1VJ14EC017||Prajwal Ashwin Cutinha||72.66%|
|2016 B.E. (V Sem)|
|1VJ13EC034||Zaiba Sultana R||74.33%|
|1VJ13EC014||Kusuma S Salanke||71.88%|
|2016 B.E. (VII Sem)|
|1VJ13EC023||Prathiba K. N||74.66%|
|2016 M. Tech. (I Sem)|
|2015 M.Tech. (VLSI Design and Embedded System)III|
|2015 B.E. (VI Sem)|
|1VJ13EC034||Zaiba Sultana R||78.11%|
|2015 B.E. (VI Sem)|
|1VJ13EC023||Prathiba K. N||71.77%|
|2015 B.E. (VIII Sem)|
|1VJ11EC007||Bharagavi B C||80.26%|
|1VJ11EC027||Thejas B H||79.86|
|M.Tech Signal Processing (IV) Sem|
|1VJ13LSP12||V B Mamatha||90%|
|2015 M.Tech. (VLSI Design and Embedded System)II|
|2015 B.E (III Sem)|
|1VJ13EC034||Zaiba Sultana R||76.55%|
|2015 B.E (V Sem)|
|1VJ13EC023||Prathiba K. N||69%|
|2015 B.E (VII Sem)|
|M.Tech Signal Processing (III) Sem|
|1VJ13LSP12||V B Mamatha||76.66%|
|2015 M.Tech. (VLSI Design and Embedded System)I|
|1VJ13EC023||Prathiba K. N||70%|
|2014 B.E (VI Sem)|
|1VJ11EC026||Swapna C S||70.55%|
|2014 B.E (VIII Sem)|
|1VJ10EC012||Roopa K R||85.4%|
|M.Tech Signal Processing (II) Sem|
|1VJ13LSP12||V B Mamatha||79.12%|
|2014 B.E (III) Sem|
|1VJ12EC006||Anjali B S||76.77%|
|2014 B.E (V) Sem|
|1VJ11EC027||Thejas B H||75.88%|
|2014 B.E (VII) Sem|
|1VJ10EC012||Roopa K R||73.33%|
|2014 M.Tech Signal Processing (I) Sem|
|1VJ13LSP12||V B Mamatha||74%|
|1VJ11EC027||Thejas B H||73.1%|
|2013 B.E (VI Sem)|
|1VJ10EC012||Roopa K R||71.2%|
|2013 B.E (VIII Sem)|
|1VJ09EC048||Y SomaSai Charitha||82.26%|